Try this delicious, easy, healthy No-bake Almond Coconut Pie Crust! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this easy, no-bake pie crust recipe. This No-bake Almond Coconut Pie Crust recipe has only a few ingredients. Besides being very yummy it is healthy too! I think you will be very surprised how easy it is to make this pie crust. You can make it in minutes and everyone I know who has tried it loves it!
This pie crust can be paired with any no-bake pie filling. I often use this No-bake Almond Coconut Pie Crust with my favorite easy, healthy Raspberry Pie and Lemons Custard Pies. This pie crust is so easy to make that it is my husbands number one (and only) pie crust he likes to make with his favorite Raspberry Pie. He is not a cook and if he can make it, you can make it too! Watch this cooking video and try this easy, healthy delicious No-bake Almond Coconut Pie Crust today!
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Mix coconut with 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and let set a few minutes.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the coconut mixture with the rest of the ingredients (and the rest of the maple syrup). Add a little water if the mixture is dry.
- Press into pie pan.
- (Carefully pour in no-bake pie filling of your choice.)
- (Put pie in the refrigerator until it is set.)
May use fresh or dried shredded coconut. If using dried, you may want to add a little water to moisten the dough.
I found ground almonds at the store or you can grind almonds in the blender or food processor.
Add salt if desired. I actually like it best with a little salt. Try it both ways and see what you like.
Do not oil the pie pan.
See a cooking demonstration of this No-bake Almond Coconut Pie Crust recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel