Try this delicious, healthy Sweet Potato Toast! It is so easy to make in your toaster or toaster oven! All you need is sweet potatoes! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this Sweet Potato Toast recipe.
This is the easiest recipe you may ever make! Top your Sweet Potato Toast with different spreads and toppings. It is a perfect recipe for when you are in a hurry or do not want to make a complicated recipe. You can serve this Sweet Potato Toast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It is also perfect for an easy snack or appetizer.
Enjoy many different toppings on your Sweet Potato Toast. You can set out different toppings for your family or guests to choose from and everyone will be satisfied! Watch this Sweet Potato Toast cooking video and make some Sweet Potato Toast today!
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- Your choice of toppings (see below)
- Wash and dry a sweet potato.
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into slices about ¼ inch thick. For smaller slices cut the potato in half before making lengthwise slices.
- Place the potato slices on the toaster oven rack or in the toaster (make sure they are long enough to get out!).
- Press toaster as many times it takes to make your sweet potato slices browned as much as you like. Some slices may toast faster than others so just take them out early if they do.
- When your sweet potato slices are toasted, spread them with the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Some of the browned spots may turn almost black and that is fine in my opinion.
You can toast the skin ends of the sweet potatoes too but they may take longer or shorter to cook.
Serve this Sweet Potato Toast for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as an appetizer or snack!
See a cooking demonstration of this Sweet Potato Toast recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.