Craving pizza but don’t want all the fat and calories? Try these amazing, yummy Pizza Nachos instead! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious, healthy Pizza Nachos recipe. These Pizza Nachos are so easy to make and tastes amazing!
This Pizza Nacho recipe is perfect for an appetizer, snack and in my opinion a main course! As a matter of fact I would eat these nachos for breakfast! Choose a healthy tomato sauce and you have a vegetable. Choose low-fat Mozzarella cheese and you have a low-fat protein. The tortilla chips are made from a whole grain and I am sure oregano must have some vitamins! I think these Pizza Nachos will be your best-ever healthy snack, appetizer, breakfast, lunch, dinner and game snack recipe! Watch this cooking video and try this Pizza Nacho recipe today!
- 2 ounces tortilla chips
- ½ - ¾ cup tomato sauce, pasta sauce, pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to the broil setting.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chips making sure to get some sauce on each chip.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the tomato sauce. Next top the mozzarella cheese with the Parmesan cheese.
- Dust all the cheese-covered chips with dried oregano.
- Broil about 3 - 5 minutes or until the chips start to brown and the cheese gets bubbly.
If you are making these Pizza Nachos in a toaster oven use a toaster oven sized baking sheet. You could also use a pie pan.
Lower the rack in the toaster oven. If you leave it on the middle rack the nachos may get done sooner and burn so keep an eye on them.
You can adjust all of these ingredients to your taste.
See a cooking demonstration of this Pizza Nachos recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel