Try this easy, satisfying White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil recipe! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil. It is an easy, healthy, filling, homemade bean soup recipe.
Looking for new healthy soup recipes that are easy to make and super delicious? You found it with this White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil! This is a perfect homemade soup recipe for a simple or fancy lunch or dinner. This White Bean Soup recipe tastes gourmet and it has only a few ingredients. I think you will be so impressed with yourself when you try this soup. Even more important your guests will think you are professional chef! Watch this cooking video and try this easy, healthy, tasty White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil recipe!
- ½ - 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chicken broth/seasoning, instant
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped OR 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (or as desired)
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, water and chicken broth/seasoning. Stir well. Leave the heat on low or turn off the heat
- Turn the heat to low or off and remove one cup of the bean mixture. Add the mixture to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Return the pureed bean mixture back to the saucepan. Stir well.
- Bring the bean mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and basil. Simmer 4 more minutes or until the tomatoes are hot and soft.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
This White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil recipe can be doubled.
If desired, use 2 cups of liquid chicken broth in place of the chicken broth/seasoning and water.
See a cooking demonstration of this White Bean Soup with Tomatoes and Basil recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.