Make this easy, healthy Tomato Basil Bruschetta recipe! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make Tomato Basil Bruschetta. It is so delicious and good for you too!
Serve this Tomato Basil Bruschetta on toast, grilled bread, fresh bread or crackers. Choose whole grain bread and you have a very healthy snack or appetizer! Bruschetta and bread would be wonderful with any meal and especially good with an Italian dish. I served my leftover bruschetta on my salad and that was delicious too! Watch this cooking video and make this Tomato Basil Bruschetta today!
- 3 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup basil, fresh (chopped) OR 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon (or to taste) salt, Kosher
- ¼ teaspoon (or to taste) pepper, fresh ground
- ¼ cup (or as desired) Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Chill about 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Spoon on top of toast, grilled toast, bread or crackers. Then top with Parmesan cheese.