Learn how to make this easy, healthy 2 ingredient Chocolate Covered Apricot recipe! In this cooking video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make Chocolate Covered Apricots! This is a super easy, delicious, healthy chocolate and dried fruit dessert or snack recipe. All you need is chocolate and dried apricots to make this chocolaty delicious recipe that everyone will love.
This recipe is so impressive and delicious that it would make a perfect food gift for you to share. You can get even more creative with this chocolate fruit recipe and add different toppings like chopped nuts, coconut, sprinkles and other tasty toppings. Kids and adults will both love this easy, healthy chocolate fruit recipe. Looking for a new easy healthy chocolate dessert recipe? You found it! I think this will be your new favorite healthy chocolate dessert or snack recipe. Watch this cooking video and try these Chocolate Covered Apricots today!
- 1 cup dried apricots (or amount as desired)
- 1 cup chocolate pieces, chunks or chips (dark, milk, semi-sweet, or white) (or amount as needed)
- Decorations like chopped nuts, coconut, candy sprinkles, if desired for decorating
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment or wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate in glass cup or dish on high until melted. Start with 1 minute and stir. If needed, microwave a little longer (about 30 seconds) and stir again. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Dip about ¾ of the apricot into the melted chocolate. Pull out the apricot and allow excess chocolate to drip back in the bowl. Set on prepared tray to dry.
- If decorating with chopped nuts, sprinkles, coconut or other decorations do this now. Dip the wet chocolate dipped apricots in the decorations or sprinkle/drizzle them on.
- Dry the chocolate covered apricots at room temperature until the chocolate is hard.
- Optional: If you are going to double dip or drizzle the apricots with another layer of chocolate (like white on dark), wait until the first layer of chocolate has cooled completely and hardened. You can also dip the second layer of chocolate in additional decorations while the chocolate is still wet.
- Store the dried Chocolate Covered Apricots in an airtight container.
I have used both chocolate chips and bars. You may also mix chocolate types if you want. If you use chocolate chunks or bars, break them into small pieces before melting. You can also use chocolate specially made for dipping and drizzling (like chocolate melts).
You can save the leftover chocolate and re-melt it later. Cover it and store it at room temperature until you are ready to melt and re-use it.
See a cooking demonstration of this Chocolate Covered Apricots recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.