Make this easy, healthy Chunky Tomato Sauce to top your favorite pasta or pizza! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this Chunky Tomato Sauce recipe. This tomato sauce is so easy to make and has only a few ingredients!
I have enjoyed this Chunky Tomato Sauce recipe on pasta, pizza, spaghetti squash and even sweet potato toast! I am sure you will think of many more recipes that will be even yummier topped with this tasty tomato sauce. Watch this cooking video and make this Chunky Tomato Sauce today!
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ¾ - 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ - 1 teaspoon (or to taste) salt
- Add all the ingredients to a large saucepan. Stir after adding each ingredient.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta or use in pasta dishes.
This Chunky Tomato Sauce is especially good over spaghetti. It is also delicious as a pizza sauce.
You can double this recipe if you want.
See a cooking demonstration of this Chunky Tomato Sauce recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.