In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make easy, healthy Coconut Banana Bars in a crockpot or slow cooker! These bars are so easy to make and have only a few healthy ingredients. I think this is a perfect recipe to use up your ripe bananas. These Coconut Banana Bars bars are so delicious I think they taste like dessert but they are actually good for you!
If you are looking for a new healthy recipe for tasty energy or snack bars, look no more! I think you will a be amazed how easy these Coconut Banana Bars are. No need to heat up the kitchen with a hot oven when you can bake these healthy dessert bars right in the crockpot or slow cooker! These bars will make it to your best, easy, healthy, snack list! These Coconut Banana Bars are a good alternative to cookies and your kids will love them! You can also enjoy this healthy bar recipe for breakfast or dessert! Watch this video and try these Crockpot Coconut Banana Bars today!
- 1 cup banana, ripe, mashed
- 2 cups dates, chopped (soaked and drained)
- ¾ - 1 cup nuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- Cooking spray
- Soak the dates 5 - 10 minutes in water, then drain. Soak drier dates longer and softer dates for less time.
- Spray a crockpot or slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together the mashed banana, drained dates, nuts, and salt.
- Stir in the oats.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Using a fork or knife, pull the mixture about ¼ inch away from the sides of the crockpot.
- Cover the crockpot with 2 layers of paper towels and cover with the lid.
- Bake on low for about 2 - 2½ hours or until the edges start to brown. Cool 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars. Serve warm or cooled.