Learn how to cook this easy, healthy, delicious Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe! In this video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make this super simple Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore dinner recipe!
This Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe is so easy! You just add the chicken and vegetables to your crockpot or slow cooker and let it cook while you do something else. This Chicken Cacciatore is delicious served over mashed potatoes, baked polenta, egg noodles or pasta, (spaghetti, fettuccine or penne). It is a hearty, healthy meal perfect for lunch or dinner.
This Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore is a very healthy recipe with plenty of vegetables and the chicken is a great source of protein. If you like chicken dinners I think you will love this easy Chicken Cacciatore recipe! Watch this video and try this Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe today!
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 - 1½ cup onion, chopped
- 15.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced or chopped
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ - 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground (or to taste)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or pieces)
- Combine bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, tomato juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread about ½ cup of the vegetable mixture over the bottom of the crockpot.
- Lay half the chicken over the mixture.
- Spread the chicken layer with half of the remaining mixture.
- Lay the remaining chicken over the mixture layer.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours until the chicken is cooked but not mushy or dry.