Make delicious Curried Lentils! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make an easy, healthy Curried Lentils recipe. This lentil curry is so flavorful and easy to make I think it will be your favorite curry recipe.
If you are looking for new dinner ideas, you will love this really good curry dinner recipe. This Curried Lentils recipe is also very delicious for lunch. It is a very healthy recipe with vegetables and without heavy sauces. Both both kids and adults will love these curried lentils.
Serve these delicious Curried Lentils over rice, quinoa and even couscous. Make extra lentil curry and you will have another delicious dinner recipe ready that you can just heat up and serve. Watch this video and try this delicious Curried Lentils recipe today!
- 1 cup orange lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 - 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons (or to taste) vegetable broth/seasoning dried
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 - 15 ounce can tomatoes, diced (including juice)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons (to taste) cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pepper, fresh ground to taste
- Check lentils and remove any debris. Rinse and drain in strainer.
- In a medium pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots to the heated oil and sauté vegetables until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Add lentils, water, vegetable seasoning and tomatoes. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the lentils are tender (about 5 –7 minutes).
- Add kale and simmer 5 more minutes or until the kale is as soft as you would like it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.