Try this easy, healthy, quick Curried Rice Pilaf recipe! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious brown rice pilaf curry recipe. It is a colorful and healthy curry dish with red peppers, onions, carrots and peas. It can be served as a side dish or main dish.
This is a perfect recipe for beginners or those looking for a quick dinner recipe, especially if you are vegan or vegetarian. The curry and onions really enhance the flavors of the vegetables and brown rice. I think this Curried Rice Pilaf recipe will be your favorite vegetable rice pilaf recipe! Watch this cooking video and try this recipe today, then serve this delicious Curried Rice Pilaf for dinner tonight!
- 1½ cups onions, diced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup (more if needed) water
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1½ cup peas, frozen
- 2 - 3 teaspoons (to taste) curry powder
- ½ teaspoon (or to taste) Kosher salt
- Heat olive oil in a medium or large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, pepper and carrots and sauté until the onions are soft.
- Stir in ¼ cup water, cooked rice, frozen peas and curry powder. Add more water if desired to make the rice softer and moister.
- Continue to cook over medium low heat until the curry is hot.
- Add salt, stir and serve.
Add a little more water if the rice sticks to the bottom of the pan.
You can also use cooked white rice for this recipe.
See a cooking demonstration of this Curried Rice Pilaf recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.