Learn how to make this Easy Garlic Egg Pasta! In this cooking video Karen Breyer demonstrates how easy it is to make this delicious pasta recipe. If you are looking for new dinner ideas, I think you will be very happy with this really good pasta dinner recipe. This is a fairly healthy recipe without heavy sauces. Both both kids and adults will love this Easy Garlic Egg Pasta recipe!
As a bonus, this easy pasta recipe will likely be a favorite of your cheap recipes. It is a simple pasta recipe that is very inexpensive to make. Even so, this pasta recipe is so impressive you can serve it to important dinner guests. I suggest serving it with a salad, vegetable, and garlic bread. This Easy Garlic Egg Pasta recipe can be a very cheap, healthy, vegetarian recipe that your everyone will love. Of all your Italian pasta recipes, I think that this Easy Garlic Egg Pasta recipe will be the one you cook most often because it is so simple, cheap, healthy and delicious! Watch this cooking video and try this Easy Garlic Egg Pasta recipe today!
- ½ pound pasta, long
- 4 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt (for pasta water)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
- Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a rolling boil. Add pasta and stir it around a little to keep from sticking. Return to a boil, then boil uncovered until al dente.
- Start checking the pasta for doneness at about 6 minutes. See package instructions for cooking time guidelines.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté for about 30, seconds, but do not brown it. Take the garlic off the heat and set aside.
- Whisk 5 eggs together in a bowl and set aside.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and return it to the pan.
- Immediately add the eggs and garlic to the hot, drained pasta and stir quickly until the eggs are cooked. If the eggs do not cook completely, turn on the burner to medium-low heat and continue stirring until the eggs are cooked.
- When the pasta is finished, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Pasta is al dente when it is firm to the bite and loses it’s raw taste. It will have a slight resistance when bitten into. It is not soft or overdone.
If you stir the eggs and pasta together too slowly, the eggs may clump.
You may want to serve this pasta with a salad, bread and a steamed vegetable.
You may want to use a non-stick pan if the eggs stick to the pan too much.
See a cooking demonstration of Easy Garlic Egg Pasta on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.