Learn how to make this easy, healthy, delicious French Toast recipe! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step by step how to make this French Toast Recipe. I think this is the very best French Toast recipe and you will love it too!
If you are looking for a simple French Toast Recipe, this is it! If you are looking for a new healthy breakfast recipe, this is it! You probably have all these French Toast ingredients on hand, so what are you waiting for? Watch this video and make this Easy, Healthy French Toast Recipe today!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk, soy milk, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- Cooking Spray
- Your Choice of Toppings
- Peanut or almond butter
- Fruit sauce
- Apple sauce
- Butter or margarine
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (about 375 degrees).
- When it is hot, water drops will jump around.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Place dipped bread on griddle or skillet. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
To see if the griddle or skillet is hot enough, drop a few drops of water on the pan. It the water jumps around, it is hot enough.
Use whisk or fork to whisk together egg mixture.
Serve French toast right away or keep them warm in a single layer on a pan in a 200 degree oven. If you stack the French toast, the steam may make them soggy.
You can try different types of bread. The thicker breads will take longer to cook. If you use French bread, soak about 30 seconds on each side.
Use slightly stale bread when you can.
Some delicious toppings include Fruity Fruit Sauce, Crockpot Pine-Apple Sauce, Pineapple Orange Sauce. These can be found at Cookinglessonsfordad.com.
See a cooking demonstration of this healthy French Toast recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.