Learn how to make this amazing easy, healthy Fresh Red Pepper Hummus. In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you how to make this delicious hummus recipe. You need only a few healthy ingredients and a blender or food processor to make this delicious Fresh Red Bell Pepper Hummus. Within minutes you will have a delicious hummus that you can use as a dip or spread. Looking for a new easy, healthy recipe for your next food event? Look no further! Watch this video and make this Fresh Red Pepper Hummus today!
- 2 cups or 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 fresh red bell pepper
- ½ - 1 cup water
- 6-8 sprigs cilantro leaves, fresh (rinsed)
- Rinse the cilantro and set aside.
- Wash and cut the bell pepper. Discard the seeds and core.
- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans.
- Blend all ingredients together, except the cilantro.
- Add water in the amount needed to obtain the desired thickness.
- Blend until smooth (about 1 minute)
- Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Add the cilantro leaves and blend briefly, just enough to chop them.
- Chill and serve.
You can replace the tahini with ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts or raw cashews.
You may use fresh or prepared minced garlic. If you use whole garlic cloves, you don’t need to mince them since you are going to blend them.
1 teaspoon minced garlic = 2 garlic cloves.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder = 2 medium garlic cloves.
Store in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh at least a week.
See a cooking demonstration of this Fresh Red Bell Pepper Hummus recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad Youtube channel.