Make a delicious Healthy Orange Cake! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this Healthy Orange Cake recipe for a delicious dessert! This is an amazing healthy cake recipe that both kids and adults will love! Looking for a yummy healthy cake recipe for kids? You found it!
This is an easy, healthy sweet recipe perfect for dessert or a party! I think it is so healthy you could even eat it for breakfast (and I have!). If you love sweets and deserts but feel you can’t eat them with out guilt try this easy Healthy Orange Cake recipe and be happy!
After you try this Healthy Orange Cake I think it will be your favorite healthy dessert recipe ever! Watch this cooking video and try this easy, Healthy Orange Cake today and be happy!
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup white flour, unbleached
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ½ orange, large
- ¼ peel from large orange
- ½ cup water, approximately
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 - 8 inch pans with parchment paper (cut paper to fit the pans).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Blend together the coconut milk, orange juice concentrate, orange, and orange peel.
- Blend in enough water to make the liquid mixture 2½ cups total.
- Add the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix well. You can mix the batter by hand quickly or use an electric hand mixer and beat for it 20 to 25 seconds.
- Immediately pour the cake mixture into two 8 - inch round or square baking pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. The cakes are done when they begin to brown and pull away from the sides of the pan. As well, a knife inserted into the center of the cakes should come out clean.
- When the cakes are done, let them cool about 10 minutes in the pan. Next remove the cakes from the pans. Store the cakes in plastic bags or plastic wrap to keep them moist. Decorate the cooled cakes as desired.
For a lighter cake, use ½ cup unbleached white flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour.
You can also use white whole wheat flour for a lighter color cake.
Wash the orange well since you are going to use part of the peel.
You can freeze these cakes in plastic bags. When you are ready to decorate the cake, remove them from the freezer and decorate.
For an amazing dessert, try the Healthy Pineapple Orange Sauce recipe with this cake. Spread the filling between the layers. Top of the cake with whipped topping or more orange filling (or both!).