Learn how to make this amazing Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie recipe! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make these easy healthy peanut butter cookies. These peanut butter cookies only have 5 ingredients and will be the best healthy peanut butter cookies you have ever tried!
If want to learn how to make cookies, this simple peanut butter cookie recipe is perfect for you! Watch this video and try this easy, Healthy Peanut Butter cookie recipe today!
- 2 cups roasted peanuts, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup whole wheat pasty flour
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher (to taste)
- ½ cup honey, warmed
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add peanuts and flour to a food processor or strong blender. Blend until the flour and peanuts are the same texture.
- Add the salt (to taste) and blend to mix. Add less salt if the peanuts are salted and more if they are not salted.
- Warm the honey in the microwave until it is a liquid consistency (about 30 to 60 seconds).
- Add the peanut mixture to a bowl with the vanilla and warmed honey. Mix together.
- Pinch off pieces of dough and roll them into walnut size pieces. The dough should be soft, but not too sticky to roll in balls. If the dough is too dry mix in a little water (about 1 tablespoon). If the dough is too wet, mix in a little more flour until it is a soft consistency.
- Place the dough balls on a baking sheet and press them flat with your hands.
- Next press them down flatter with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Dip the fork in water as needed to keep it from sticking to the dough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or just until the cookie edges start to brown. Let them cool before removing them from the pan.
Use a microwave safe container when warming the honey in the microwave. Heat it until it is liquidy.
Be careful not to burn these cookies. Check them a minute or two early just in case they cook more quickly.
The honey needs to be warmed enough so it will pour like water.
The dough consistency should be similar to pie crust dough.
See a cooking demonstration of this Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel