Learn how to make this delicious healthy, creamy Hummus! This recipe is so easy and fast to make! In this video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make this creamy homemade Hummus recipe!
- 2 cups (or 15 oz. can) garbanzo beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ - 1 cup water
- 6 - 8 sprigs of cilantro leaves, fresh
- Rinse cilantro and set aside.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- Blend all ingredients together except cilantro.
- Add water in the amount needed to obtain the desired thickness.
- Blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Taste and add more seasonings if desired.
- Add cilantro leaves and blend briefly, just enough to chop.
- Chill and serve.
You can replace the tahini with ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts or raw cashews.
You may use fresh or prepared minced garlic. If you use whole garlic cloves, you don't need to mince them since you are going to blend them.
1 teaspoon minced garlic = 2 garlic cloves.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder = 2 garlic cloves.
Store hummus in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh at least a week.