In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious, Italian Navy Bean Soup with Rosemary. This recipe makes is a hearty, healthy soup with lots of vegetables and beans. If you are looking for an easy, healthy delicious Navy Bean Soup recipe you found it! Add a salad and some crusty bread with this soup and you have a filling and satisfying dinner! Make enough for leftovers and you can also have an easy, fast, healthy, tasty lunch the next day!
If you are trying to eat healthy, this Italian Navy Bean Soup with Rosemary is a perfect addition to your recipe collection. You can make this soup vegan or vegetarian by using instant vegan or vegetarian chicken seasoning/broth. Watch this video and try this easy, healthy, delicious Italian Navy Bean Soup with Rosemary recipe today!
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1½ - 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- 6 teaspoons instant chicken seasoning/broth (or to taste)
- 1 - 15 ounce can tomatoes, diced (with juice)
- 2 - 15 ounce cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 6 cups kale, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Next add the water and chicken seasoning (or chicken broth) and stir.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano and rosemary. Stir and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Finally add the beans, kale, salt and pepper. Cook until the beans are heated through and the kale is cooked to desired softness.
You can use 2 tablespoons fresh oregano in place of the dried.
You can use 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary in place of the dried.
You can use other white beans in this recipe.
You can adjust the seasonings and vegetables to your taste.