In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make Mashed White Beans and Vegetables. This recipe tastes like mashed potatoes only it is yummier and healthier! I think this Mashed White Beans and Vegetables recipe will be your favorite new potato recipe! It is perfect for a delicious healthy side dish that goes with almost any meal.
Looking for an extra special, but still healthy, recipe for the holidays or special event? This Mashed White Beans and Vegetable recipe is the perfect side dish for most holidays, special events or just any day you want some delicious, healthy food!
Got some red potatoes and veggies on hand? Here is your chance to make a Mashed White Beans and Vegetables recipe that everyone will love. If you haven’t tried Mashed White Beans and Vegetables yet, watch this cooking video and try this recipe today!
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 - 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieced
- 2 - 15 ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) salt, Kosher
- Ground pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, celery and carrots to the pan. Sauté until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the potatoes and beans.
- Add enough water to cover the mixture by 2 inches.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the salt.
- Simmer until the potatoes they are soft.
- Drain the mixture reserving at least 1 cup of the cooking liquid (you may need more).
- Mash the beans and vegetables together with a potato masher. Mix in 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Adjust the liquid to your desired consistency.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
You can use any white, yellow, or red skinned waxy variety of potatoes.
See a cooking demonstration of this Mashed White Beans and Vegetables recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.