Make Delicious, Hot Pita Pizza in your toaster oven! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make healthy Toaster Oven Pita Pizza. This is the easiest, fastest way to make delicious, healthy pizza. Make this pita pizza recipe in less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Bake these pita pizzas for 4 – 5 minutes in your toaster oven. You can also bake these pita pizzas in your regular oven. Add pizza toppings of your choice and make a perfect pizza you will love!
These Pita Pizzas are perfect a simple lunch or dinner or for a big pizza party! Make customized Pita Pizzas that will make everyone happy! Watch this cooking video and make delicious, healthy, hot Pita Pizzas today!
- 2 pita breads, whole wheat
- ½ cup pizza, tomato or pasta sauce (or as desired)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (regular or vegan)
- Your choice of topping (see below)
- Preheat regular or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- For regular oven: Cover baking sheet with foil. Place pita breads on the baking sheet, scooped side facing up. For toaster oven: No need for a pan. You will be placing directly on the baking rack.
- Spread ¼ cup of sauce evenly over each pita bread, leaving about ½ inch border without sauce.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over sauce.
- Layer and arrange your choice of toppings over the cheese and sauce.
- For regular oven: Bake about 10 minutes or until the pita bread reaches desired crispness and cheese starts to bubble and brown. For toaster oven: Place each pizza one at time on the rack of a toaster oven. Toast until the cheese starts to brown and bubble (about 3 or 4 minutes). Serve while hot!
Onions, chopped (any color)
Bell peppers, sliced or chopped (any color)
Veggie or regular meats (cooked)
Olives, pitted and sliced (black or green)
Zucchini, sliced thin
Herbs, fresh (oregano, basil)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Cheese, shredded, variety
Many others... use your imagination!
You can use more or less sauce and toppings as desired. Your pizza will be as healthy as the toppings are.
Vegan cheese may not brown and bubble. When using vegan cheese remove the pizza when the crust starts to brown and the toppings are cooked.
Cut these pita pizzas in quarters for delicious appetizers!
See a cooking demonstration of this Pita Pizza recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.