Try this yummy Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Popcorn recipe! In this video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Popcorn. It is a delicious, healthy and easy to make chocolate snack recipe! If you love sweet and salty combinations, I think this chocolate popcorn recipe will be your new favorite, healthy, fun snack recipe!
In this recipe you will make stovetop popcorn to combine with melted dark chocolate. You could also try different types of chocolate like milk, bittersweet or white chocolate. If you want a shortcut you could use some already popped popcorn that you have on hand.
This is a perfect chocolatey snack or dessert for any lunch or dinner. Pack some in your child lunch and they will be very happy! I also like to serve this Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Popcorn for game night or any get together with family and friends. Serve this chocolate popcorn recipe at your next social event and watch everyone hang out at the chocolate popcorn bowl! You better make plenty Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Popcorn so you don’t run out at the beginning of your party.
Watch this cooking video and make this Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Popcorn today! Be amazed how easy and yummy this chocolate popcorn recipe is!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, un-popped
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or chips
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon sea salt, fine (divided)
- Pour the popcorn and oil into a 3 - 4 quart pot with a tight fitting lid. Tilt the pan to spread around the popcorn and oil evenly.
- Cover the pot and cook over medium-high heat until 1 kernel pops. Then remove the pot from the heat.
- Wait 1 minute and return the pot to the heat.
- Shake the pot occasionally until the popping slows to 2 - 3 seconds between pops.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and add remove un-popped kernels.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate and ½ teaspoon salt in a microwave safe container. Heat for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is liquidy when stirred.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn and mix well.
- Spread the chocolate popcorn on the baking sheet and sprinkle with additional salt as desired.
- Let the popcorn sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens (1 - 2 hours).
You can also use 4 quarts of already popped popcorn instead of popping your own. If you do this you will not need the popcorn kernels and vegetable oil for this recipe.
See a cooking demonstration of this Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Popcorn recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.