In this video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you how to make delicious, healthy Stovetop Popcorn at home. It is so easy and fun to make! Top your homemade popcorn with with salt and other ingredients of your choosing. Watch this cooking video and pop some healthy, delicious Stovetop Popcorn today!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, un-popped
- Salt (to taste)
- Pour the popcorn and oil into a 3 - 4 quart pot with a tight fitting lid. Tilt the pan to spread around the popcorn and oil evenly.
- Cover the pot and cook over medium-high heat until 1 kernel pops. Then remove the pot from the heat.
- Wait 1 minute and return the pot to the heat.
- Shake the pot occasionally until the popping slows to 2 - 3 seconds between pops.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and add remove un-popped kernels.
- Sprinkle with salt, stir until evenly coated.