You will love this Super Energy Garden Soup recipe! You can grow most of the ingredients for this vegetable soup in your garden! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make Super Energy Garden Soup so you can try it today!
This Super Energy Garden Soup recipe has lots of fresh vegetables and tons of flavor! I think you will feel super healthy and energetic after eating this delicious soup. Serve this soup as a healthy appetizer, side dish or main dish for lunch or dinner. It is great served with bread or crackers, a sandwich and a salad. You could even eat if for breakfast to make sure you have lots of energy for the day!
Grow these vegetables and herbs in your garden and you won’t even need to go to the store before you make this delicious vegetable soup! Everyone I know who has tried this Super Energy Garden Soup loved it and I expect you will too! Get your soup pot out and make this healthy Super Energy Garden Soup today!
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken broth/seasoning, powdered
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1½ cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 - 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, dried
- 2 - 3 teaspoons thyme, dried
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large pot.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until the onion is soft (translucent).
- Add water and chicken broth powder. Stir.
- Add the carrots and celery. Stir and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add red potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add kale, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir and simmer for 10 more minutes or until desired taste and texture.
- Add more powdered chicken broth and seasonings if desired. Serve.
If you use fresh herbs use three times the amount (for 1 teaspoon dried, use 3 teaspoons fresh).
You can use more or less seasonings and vegetables to taste.
You can also sauté the onion and garlic in a skillet and transfer it to the pot when it is cooked.
You can double this Super Garden Energy Soup recipe if desired.
See a cooking demonstration of this Super Energy Garden Soup recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel