Learn to cook Dad’s Favorite Chicken Stew! In this cooking video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to cook this delicious, healthy chicken stew. This recipe is so easy! It is a hearty, healthy chicken and vegetable meal perfect for lunch or dinner. If you like chicken stew I think you will love this chicken stew recipe! Find out why this is my Dad’s Favorite Chicken Stew recipe! Watch this video and try this chicken stew recipe today!
- 5 teaspoons dry chicken broth seasoning
- 5 cups water
- 1- 2 pounds chicken, boneless and skinless (cut in bite-sized pieces)
- 1 - 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 - 3 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- ½ - 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Wash green pepper, celery, and potatoes. Peel carrots.
- Dice carrots, celery, green pepper, potatoes, and onion and place in the crockpot (slow cooker).
- Add water and chicken broth seasoning; then stir.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to crockpot.
- Stir and cover with lid. Turn crockpot on high. Cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Check to make sure chicken and vegetables are done.
- Add more seasoning if desired. Serve.
I use a vegetarian dried chicken broth seasoning. I suggest looking for a brand that has lots of herbs and spices and no MSG or other artificial ingredients.
You can use 1 tablespoon fresh thyme in place of 1 teaspoon dried.
You can also cook this chicken stew on low for 6 to 8 hours.
You may want to serve this stew with a salad and bread or crackers. It is great for lunch or dinner. It can be a main dish or side dish.
See a cooking demonstration of Dad's Favorite Chicken Stew on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.