Try these yummy, healthy Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies recipe. These cookies are so easy to make even a beginner can make them!
Looking for healthy recipes you can make with your ripe bananas? If so, this is the perfect recipe for you. You can also turn these cookies into healthy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies by adding some chocolate chips. There are also many other tasty variations, like nuts, raisins, and dried fruit, for this cookie recipe.
I think this Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe will become one of your favorite healthy dessert or snack recipes. Your kids will love these cookies in their lunch! This cookie recipe is even healthy enough you can eat them for breakfast! Try these delicious, easy Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies today!
- ½ - ¾ cup raisins, soaked in hot water
- 3 large or 4 small bananas, ripe
- ¾ cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the 2 cookie sheets with a cooking spray.
- Pour hot water over the raisins to cover them. Soak them for a few minutes, then drain off the water.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and mix together with the pumpkin, oil and egg.
- Add the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the oats and drained raisins.
- Drop mixture by a heaping tablespoonful on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25– 30 minutes or until they start to become golden on the top and bottom.
These cookies are best eaten within 24 hours.
I prefer the taste of Kosher salt.
Do not over bake these Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies or they will be dry.
See a cooking demonstration of this Pumpkin Raisin Oatmeal Cookies recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.