Learn how to make delicous Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes! In this cooking video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make this easy, healthy Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes recipe.
Have you been wanting an easy, healthy chicken and potatoes recipe? You found it with this Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes dish! This chicken dinner recipe has only a few healthy ingredients and is very easy to make. I think it is extra nice that you are baking both the chicken and potatoes together in one pan in the oven. Add an extra veggie or salad to this chicken and potato dish and you have a healthy, satisfying meal sure to please everyone!
If you are looking for great dinner ideas I think you will be very happy you found this recipe. Watch this cooking video and make this easy, healthy delicious Roasted Chicken and Red Potatoes recipe for dinner tonight!
- 1½ - 2 pounds broiler-fryer chicken pieces, skinless
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters or eights so they are all about the same size.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes in a single layer in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch rectangle pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the basil, thyme, garlic salt and oil.
- Sprinkle, brush or rub the mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Turn the chicken and potatoes over.
- Bake uncovered 20 - 30 minutes more or until the juice of the chicken is no longer pink when the thickest part of the chicken is cut.
- Salt and pepper to taste.