Looking for a healthy pumpkin pie? Check out this Vegan Pumpkin Pie cooking video! This pie is easy to make and super delicious! In this video Karen Breyer will show you how to make this easy, healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe. I think it is the best pumpkin pie recipe ever! Watch this video and try this easy, healthy, delicious Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe today!
- 1 - 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 - 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup honey or agave
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake pie for 50 - 60 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Set the pie on the counter until it is completely cool (a couple hours).
- Next chill the pie in the refrigerator for about 6 hours until it is firm and cold.
You can use a blender or food processor to blend the pumpkin pie mixture.
If you find that the crust gets brown too early, before baking you can cover the edge of the pie crust with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue to cook for 20 - 30 more minutes.
You can also take the pie out a few minutes early if the crust is starting to brown too much.
When the pie is finished cooking it may be a little jiggly. This is fine as it will firm up in the refrigerator.
It is normal for this pie to have a few cracks on the top after baking.
You may want to set the pie on a baking sheet in the oven in case it spills over while cooking.
See a cooking demonstration of this Vegan Pumpkin Pie recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.