Try this easy, healthy, quick Black Bean Chili recipe! Is is so delicious and simple to make! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this tasty Black Bean Chili recipe.
Looking for a fast, easy dinner? You found it! You only need one pot and a few ingredients and in less than 30 minutes you will have dinner ready! I think you are going to love this easy Black Bean Chili recipe. You can serve it on rice, quinoa, couscous, potatoes, yams. It is also good as a dip for tortilla chips and delicious in burritos! So many possibilities!
You also have many topping options. You can top this Black Bean Chili with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and/or shredded cheese. I also like to add chopped cilantro, green onions, red onions and avocados. You have enough tasty options to satisfy everyone! Watch this cooking video and try this easy, healthy Black Bean Chili recipe. Serve it for dinner tonight!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1-30 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (or desired amount for topping)
- ¼ cup teaspoon salt
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cilantro, and stir.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add a little more salt, if desired.
- Top with chopped cilantro and serve.
Serve alone or over rice, potatoes, couscous or quinoa. It is also great as a dip for tortilla chips and in a burrito!
Delicious topped with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, diced onions and shredded cheese.
Use 1 - 30 oz. can of black beans or 2 - 15 oz. cans.
See a cooking demonstration of this Black Bean Chili recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.