Learn to make this delicious Apple Barley Bake! In this video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious Apple Barley Bake recipe. This easy dessert recipe is so healthy you could even eat it for breakfast! If you have been cooking healthy and looking for a new easy, tasty sweet dessert recipes you just found a great one!
If you are looking for new vegetarian, vegan or just really healthy recipes you will want to add this sweet dessert dish to your collection! It is so easy to make and has only 5 ingredients! 4 ingredients if you don’t count the water!
Are you trying to add more healthy whole grains to your diet? Barley is a delicious grain that can be used in many recipes including this tasty, healthy dessert recipe. It is such a simple recipe that I think you and your family will love! Watch this video and try this Apple Barley Bake today!
- 1 cup barley, whole (soaked 24 hours)
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup apples, dried (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cover barley with 3 cups of water and soak at least 24 hours.
- When the barley is soaked and ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the soaked barley, raisins, apples and salt to a baking dish and stir together.
- Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the juice is thickened and the barley is chewy.