Make this Crockpot Maple Almond Sweet Potatoes recipe for dinner tonight! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make these tasty, healthy Maple Almond Sweet Potatoes. This is a easy, healthy side dish recipe that you and your family are going to love! These tasty sweet potatoes are simple to make in your crockpot or slow cooker. For more variety you can use yams instead of sweet potatoes.
Want a change from your regular potato recipes? Prepare this Crockpot Maple Almond Sweet Potatoes recipe as a tasty, colorful, side dish for any meal. Impress your company with this easy to put together recipe. Fix this sweet potato dish ahead of time in your crockpot and let it cook while doing other things. After it is finished you can leave it warming in the crockpot while you finish preparing dinner. Why eat the same old thing everyday? Dress up your dinner tonight with this delicious, easy, healthy Crockpot Maple Almond Sweet Potato recipe!
- 8 cups sweet potatoes (or yams)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup crushed pineapple with the juice (canned, unsweetened)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅓ cup almonds, toasted (chopped or sliced)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cut cleaned sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, water, pineapple, maple syrup and salt to the crockpot and stir together.
- Cook the potato mixture for 4 - 5 hours on low or 2 - 3 hours on high until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Mash the sweet potato mixture with a potato masher.
- Mix in the almonds and vanilla. Serve.
I like to sprinkle some additional almonds on top of the finished Maple Almond Sweet Potatoes.
I prefer Kosher salt but you can use any type of salt.
Feel free to peel the sweet potatoes. I prefer to leave the skins on.
For a variation add ½ cup dried cranberries to the potato mixture before cooking.
You can cut this recipe in half and cut the cooking time by 15 to 30 minutes.
See a cooking demonstration of this Crockpot Maple Almond Sweet Potatoes recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.