Learn to cook Dad’s Favorite Beef Stew! In this cooking video Karen Breyer and her dad will show you step-by-step how to cook this delicious, healthy beef stew. This recipe is an easy beef stew for the crockpot or slow cooker. If you are looking for new, delicious, easy crockpot or slow cooker recipes I think you will love this one! This is a hearty, healthy beef stew with plenty of vegetables. I think it will be one of your favorite crockpot or slow cooker recipes! Watch this video and try my Dad’s Favorite Beef Stew recipe today!
- 1 - 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 - 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- Black pepper, ground (to taste)
- 5 teaspoons beef broth/seasoning, dry
- 5 cups water
- 1 - 2 pounds boneless beef chunks for stew
- Dice the carrots, celery, green pepper, potato and onions.
- Add all the ingredients in a crockpot (or slow cooker) and stir together.
- Turn the crockpot on high and cook about 4 hours (or low for 8 - 10 hours) or until the beef and vegetables are cooked to your desired tenderness. If desired, adjust the seasonings.
You can vary the amount of vegetables, beef, and spices to how you like it.
You could leave out the beef and add cooked beans or a vegetarian meat substitute for a delicious vegetable stew.
If you use fresh rosemary instead of dried, use 1 tablespoon instead of 1 teaspoon. In general, 1 teaspoon of dried herbs are equal to 1 teaspoon fresh herbs.
You can use a different type of salt if you would like.
Choose a good quality beef broth/seasoning. Check the ingredients to make sure the ingredients are as natural as possible (no MSG!).
You can substitute 5 cups of liquid beef or vegetable broth in place of the dried seasoning and water.
This beef stew is delicious served with a crusty bread and a salad.