Make your own healthy, delicious popcorn in a paper bag! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag. This is such a fast, easy, inexpensive way to make popcorn anytime!
This Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag recipe has no preservatives or additives. It taste much better and is healthier than store bought popcorn. Make this easy, healthy, tasty popcorn snack for your next game night, movie night or any night! Watch this cooking video, grab a paper bag, some popping corn and pop some delicious, crispy, fresh popcorn tonight!
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix together the popcorn kernels, oil and salt.
- Pour the popcorn mixture in a brown paper lunch bag.
- Fold over the top of the bag 2 or 3 times to seal in the ingredients. Leave plenty of room for the popped kernels.
- Microwave the bag at full power for 2 to 4 minutes, until you hear about 2 seconds between pops.
- Carefully open the bag to avoid the hot steam. Pour popcorn into a bowl and serve.
Add other seasonings to the popped corn if you would like.
You can spray the popped corn with a little olive oil to help the salt and seasonings stick.
See a cooking demonstration of this Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bagrecipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.