Learn how to make this easy, Healthy Pineapple Orange Sauce with only 6 ingredients and no sugar! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this amazing Healthy Pineapple Orange Sauce. This fruit sauce is so sweet, delicious, healthy and easy to make too! Pineapple Orange Sauce is an easy, healthy breakfast that adults and kids will love!
Try this Healthy Pineapple Orange Sauce on pancakes, French toast, shortcake, ice cream, in a sandwich and more. It is also perfect to use in my special Orange Cake recipe. What helps to make this Pineapple Orange Sauce recipe so amazing is that it is much healthier than other fruit sauces since it does not have any added sugar. It you are wanting to serve your family a healthy breakfast, and are looking for new healthy breakfast options, you have found a perfect recipe with this Pineapple Orange Sauce! Watch this video and try this delicious Healthy Pineapple Orange Sauce recipe today!
- 2 cups or 1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, unsweetened
- ½ cup orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- Stir together the pineapple, orange juice concentrate, and honey in a saucepan. Continue to stir as the mixture comes to a boil.
- While waiting for the boil get the cornstarch mixture ready; In a measuring cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Slowly stir the dissolved cornstarch mixture into the fruit filling. Do not stop stirring.
- Stir in the lemon extract.
- Continue to stir until the filling is thick. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Chill the filling in the refrigerator. The filling will continue to thicken in the refrigerator. When the filling is thick and chilled it is ready to spread on French toast, pancakes, toast, or as a filling for sandwiches or my Orange Cake recipe.
This Pineapple Orange Sauce is delicious with the Orange Cake recipe found at Cookinglessonsfordad.com.
See a cooking demonstration of this Pineapple Orange Sauce recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.