Learn how to make the best, easy, oven roasted potato recipe ever! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you how to make these delicious Roasted Red Potatoes. It is perfect for an easy, healthy side dish that goes with almost any meal. Got some red potatoes on hand? Here is your chance to make an amazing potato recipe that everyone will love. If you haven’t tried roasted potatoes yet, watch this video and try this easy, healthy, delicious oven Roasted Red Potato recipe today!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, small (cleaned)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, powder or granules
- 1 teaspoon onion, powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1 - 2 teaspoons rosemary, dried
- Pepper, fresh ground (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pat the potatoes dry with a clean towel if they are still wet from washing.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, thirds or halves.
- In a large bowl, stir together the potatoes and oil.
- Next add the seasonings to the oiled potatoes. Stir until the seasonings are evenly covering the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, turning half way through the baking time. Potatoes are done when they soft inside and crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve hot as a delicious side dish!
If you try to mix the oil with wet potatoes, the oil does not coat the potatoes as well. You can wash them ahead of time or just pat them dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
Cut the potatoes in similar sizes. Smaller potatoes cook faster, larger ones take longer. You do not need to cut the very small potatoes.
You can also add some small yellow and/or blue potatoes for a nice color and taste combination.
You can use fresh or dried rosemary. If you use fresh, use 3 times the amount of dried. For this recipe use 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary instead of dried (or to taste).
Some people and kids may want to dip these potatoes in ketchup!
See a cooking demonstration of this Roasted Red Potato recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.