In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make this delicious, healthy Southwestern Bean Chili in a crockpot. If you are looking for new vegetarian or vegan crockpot or slow cooker recipes you will love how easy and delicious this Southwestern Bean Chili recipe is.
This is a wonderful, hearty chili recipe using three different types of beans. The garbanzo beans, black beans, and red beans are canned so that makes it a very easy and convenient recipe.
If you are looking for new healthy bean recipes I expect you will love this easy, healthy Southwestern Bean Chili recipe! You can put the ingredients in the crockpot or slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready for you at dinner time! This chili recipe is especially good on rice, potatoes and served with tortilla chips or in burritos! Try this delicious, healthy Southwestern Bean Chili recipe today!
- 1 - 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 - 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can tomatoes, diced
- 1 - 4 ounce can green chilies, diced (mild or medium)
- 1½ cups corn, frozen
- 1½ cups bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 1½ cups onion, diced (red, yellow, or white)
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) chicken broth/seasoning, instant
- 1 cup water
- 2 - 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients together in a crockpot and cook on high for 3½ - 4 hours or low on 6 - 7 hours or until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve over rice or baked potatoes. This is also delicious served with tortilla chips.
To make this southwestern Bean Chili thinner you could add more water or substitute an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce in place of the tomato paste.
See a cooking demonstration of this Southwestern Bean Chili recipe on the Cooking Lessons for Dad YouTube channel.