Learn how to make Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker! In this video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make delicious Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker. This is the easiest way to make delicious, healthy Spanish Rice!
If you have been looking for easy, healthy rice recipes you will want to add this Easy Spanish Rice recipe to your recipe collection. It is so easy to make in a rice cooker! You just add the ingredients, stir and turn on your rice cooker! Before you know it you will have delicious, healthy Spanish Rice for dinner. I am always looking for healthy dinner ideas and I think this rice recipe is a winner!
If you are trying to eat more healthy food, this is a perfect side dish with plenty of flavor. This Spanish Rice recipe uses brown rice and other healthy ingredients that are easy to find. Try cooking this delicious Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker and find that this is your best Spanish Rice recipe and rice cooker recipe! Watch this video and try this Easy Spanish Rice recipe today!
- 1½ cups (2 rice cooker cups) brown rice
- 3 cups (or up to the water line) water
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (including juice)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 - 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 3 - 4 teaspoons chicken style broth/seasoning, instant
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced (dried)
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- Add rice and water to the rice cooker.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook according to your rice cookers instructions for brown rice.
- Fluff and serve.
I often use a popular brand of diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies but you can use any similar variation of these tomatoes.
I use a vegetarian instant chicken broth/seasoning that has no MSG or preservatives. It has a great flavor.
You can use regular liquid chicken broth in place of the chicken seasoning and water.
Just pour the chicken broth up to the appropriate water line in the rice cooker.