Try these super delicous Orange Apricot Balls topped with chocolate! The flavor combination is amazing and it has mostly healthy ingredients! In this cooking video Karen Breyer will show you step-by-step how to make these yummy Orange Apricot Balls!
These Orange Apricot Balls are perfect for a impressive dessert, treat or gift! You could even pack a few of these fancy candies in your lunch or take them camping! Everyone will love these, especially your kids. Orange, apricot and chocolate tastes amazing together. Watch this cooking video and make this easy, yummy Orange Apricot Ball recipe today!
- 10 oz. dried apricots
- ⅔ cup whole almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (from 2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ to ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks (semi-sweet, or dark)
- Wash and dry oranges. Zest oranges, set aside.
- Separately chop apricots and almonds in a food processor or strong blender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped apricots and almonds.
- Stir in sugar, orange zest, salt, and orange juice.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Microwave chocolate in a glass container on high until melted. Start with one minute and stir. If needed, microwave a little longer (30 second increments) and stir again. Repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Spread the chocolate on top of the apricot-orange balls. Set them aside until the chocolate hardens.
- After the chocolate is dry serve!