Crockpot Italian Pasta Sauce
Author: Karen Breyer
Makes: 12 servings
- 3 - 14.5 ounce cans tomatoes, diced with their juice
- 3 cups water
- 3 - 6 ounce cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 2 teaspoons marjoram, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- Mix the following in the crockpot (slow cooker): tomatoes, water, tomato paste, olive oil, honey, and salt.
- Cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours.
- After cooking, add onion powder, garlic, basil, marjoram, oregano and stir.
- Cook sauce an additional 30 to 60 minutes on high and it will be ready to serve.
- Serve this sauce over pasta or use it in other recipes.